Winter is almost here, and Lionel is ready to roll into the season with a wonderful set of trains celebrating the snow, the cold, and the upcoming holiday season.
Few trains are as famous as the storied Polar Express, and Lionel is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the now-classic movie by releasing an assortment of new trains. You won't find a more iconic or recognizable railroad to add to your collection or winter wonderland layout this year. Keep reading for all the details and product photos straight from Lionel below.
New Product Spotlight – Polar Express Streamliner Passenger Set
In conjunction with the 10th anniversary of The Polar Express™ movie, Lionel is releasing several new trains and accessories in our Polar Express™ line. There is nothing more nostalgic than a classic steam-powered passenger train, but Santa appreciates a good streamliner too! The new diesel powered streamlined Polar Express™ will be the perfect complement to your roster.
This new transformer controlled set includes an FT diesel, two coaches and an observation car, 40″x60″ oval of FasTrack and transformer.
The locomotive features:
- Transformer controlled forward, neutral, and reverse operation
- RailSounds RTR sound system with diesel horn, bell, and user-activated crew dialog scenarios
- Operating headlight
- Operating coupler on both ends
- Dual powerful maintenance-free motors
- Die-cast metal trucks and pilot
- Metal frame
- Lighted cab interior
- Engineer and conductor figures
- Special 10th Anniversary marking on locomotive
Passenger cars feature:
- Die-cast metal trucks and operating couplers
- Detailed interiors
- Flexible diaphragms at coupler ends
- Opening doors
- Interior illumination
- Special 10th Anniversary marking on the end of each passenger car
- Length: 13″ each car
- An additional two-car add-on pack is also available and includes a baggage and dining car. It retails for $149.99.
The new streamliner set retails for $469.99. Whether you are just starting or expanding your Polar Express™ railroad, this train will be a hit with your northbound passengers this year!
I can't imagine a much more appealing color pattern on a train. The rich red and blue are perfect together, and make this train look wonderful whether rolling through the snow or around your Christmas tree. It might not be the classic steam engine we know and love, but the colors and the name and the story still come across beautifully in this streamliner. It looks good and comes with loads of features, so it might just be the ultimate model train gift this holiday season.
If you'd like to expand your Polar Express collection, keep an eye out for this train and others on the DASH Marketplace. You're already running out of time to finish up your holiday shopping!