Hundreds of Lionel fans converged on Charlotte, NC as Lionel opened their doors for a "backstage tour" of their newly opened office. Co-Sponsored by Lionel and the Lionel Collectors Club of America (LCCA), the two-day event includes informational sessions with industry experts as well as a traditional show format.
The weather is wet here, but the spirits are high! The eager early birds were also treated to some special treats by Lionel for braving the weather.
LCCA will staff the entry door and handle admissions. Kids will receive a FREE Lionel Engineer Hat at the door. Door prizes will be awarded every hour on the hour. On this day only, members will enjoy guided tours of the Lionel facility; located near the NASCAR Charlotte motor speedway, and the Z-Max Four Lane Dragway.
Through the weekend, we will be treated to several informative and interesting seminars. Lionel’s Mike Reagan will speak about parts and service for your Lionel trains. Roger Farkash of TW Design in Dallas, TX will give us all tips and effects advice on scenery. LCCA’s Bill Schmeelk will present and answer questions on the new FasTrackTM modular railroad system. Finally, OGR's Ed Boyle will moderate a discussion on S-Gauge railroading.
Participants get the opportunity to visit the NEW Lionel trains and NASCAR Die-cast facility in Concord, NC, for private showings of:
- Facility Tours
- Lionel Operating Layouts
- Informative Professional Seminars on HOBBY ELECTRONICS, REPAIR SERVICE, MODULE MAKING, and SCENERY BUILDING
- LCCA Member-only Pricing on currently inventoried Products
- Take advantage of the wide variety of Lionel Products offered at reduced prices. Limited to inventory on Hand - Sorry no rain checks
- Limited Sneak Peek at 2013 Lionel products
- Rail Excursion Trip
- Spencer Railroad Museum Tour, and more.
Activities are planned throughout the weekend, including a host of activities for the kids.